A Brief Introduction

I am currently an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I am an aspiring 2nd grade teacher. I would settle for 1st grade or Kindergarten, but I do not really want to enter the upper elementary grades. I welcome any advice you have to offer!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Teacher Collaboration

I would really like to have a mentor teacher, if not two, that I could rely on in times of need. I would love to share ideas and methods, tests and worksheets. I would like it to be a mutual collaboration, meaning no one involved did any more work than the others. It would not be fair if one teacher created the tests for all teachers on that grade level. Collaboration means teamwork. Teamwork means equal contributions. If I want my students to work in cooperative learning groups in the classroom, collaborating with teachers would set a good example for them to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment