A Brief Introduction

I am currently an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I am an aspiring 2nd grade teacher. I would settle for 1st grade or Kindergarten, but I do not really want to enter the upper elementary grades. I welcome any advice you have to offer!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Parental Involvement

I really hope to have parental involvement in my classroom. It seems that parental involvement is almost standard in some schools while others have to work for it. Still, other schools do not have parental involvement at all. With luck, I will receive a job offer from a school where parents are eager and willing to become involved. If this is not the case, however, I believe that I could work with parents from any community and background and show them that being involved in their child's education is very important. I do not strive for parental involvement just so I have extra hands around the classroom. When I speak of parental involvement, I wish to see parents who work with their children at home on concepts we have learned in the classroom. I wish to see parents ask questions about what their children are learning in school. I simply want parents to take an interest in their children and their children's education.

No comments:

Post a Comment