A Brief Introduction

I am currently an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I am an aspiring 2nd grade teacher. I would settle for 1st grade or Kindergarten, but I do not really want to enter the upper elementary grades. I welcome any advice you have to offer!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cooperative Learning

I believe in cooperative learning. I think it is very beneficial for students of all ages to work together. Students gain an understanding of what it's like to work with others. They learn to reason with other students. Hopefully, students will learn to critique ideas, not people. Sometimes cooperative learning groups can be hard to manage, but if you've established an environment conducive to learning, and students know the rules of the classroom, it is not impossible. Before group work begins, as a teacher, I would need to discuss particular rules and methods for group time. I hope I will be able to implement cooperative learning into my classroom successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment